Teeth naturally change color due to daily drinks and food intake. As they pigment, they may appear more yellow and damaged. Affecting your overall appearance.
At Smiles on the Hudson we perform a dental whitening that will allow you to transform your smile quickly and safely.
With whitening you can have a much lighter and natural tone that makes you look more attractive and interesting.
Professional tooth whitening is achieved in a few hours and is an additional treatment to dental cleaning.
This whole process from start to finish will take 90 minutes. The patient will be able to relax while this procedure is performed. Once the process is finished, you will be able to notice the change
- What is a Zoom Teeth Whitening? A dental whitening is a non-invasive procedure that bleaches the tone of your teeth. At Smiles on the Hudson we perform Zoom dental whitening which is perfectly safe.
A gel containing hydrogen peroxide or carbamide will be applied which produces the color change. During the procedure a laser lamp will be used to accelerate the process.
- Is this procedure painful? No, the whitening does not cause pain, some patients may have minor sensitivity. But it usually disappears the same day or a few days later.
In cases where the patient presents great sensitivity, over-the-counter analgesics are recommended and no cold or hot drinks should be consumed during the first few days.
- Can I choose the color I want to have? No, the product will give different results in each patient, but it will always generate a change in tone, bleaching it up to 9 shades whiter.
- What recommendations should I follow for whitening to be long lasting? – You should avoid foods and drinks that cause pigmentation (soda, caramel, wine, tea, sugary drinks…etc.)
– Do not drink coffee
– No smoking
– Maintain good oral hygiene.