Replace missing teeth with the #1 Edgewater dentist-recommended solution.
What Are Dental Implants?
One of the best solutions for replacing missing teeth!
Do you have missing teeth due to an accident, decay, or premature tooth loss? Missing teeth cause a lot of problems. They make it hard to chew your food properly, speak clearly, or smile confidently in social situations.
Dental implants are a permanent and long-lasting solution that look and feel like your natural teeth!
How do dental implants work? There are three necessary components:
- PostThis replaces the missing tooth root. It’s made of light-weight and extremely durable titanium that can withstand wear and tear.
- AbutmentAttaches to the post and holds the dental crown securely in place.
- CrownA custom-crafted dental crown caps your implant. Our crowns are mercury-free and made of tooth-colored porcelain to look like your natural tooth.
Why Our Patients Choose Dental Implants
We make our crowns from natural-luster porcelain that look fabulous and will blend in beautifully with your smile.
Are you skipping some of your favorite foods because they are just too hard to chew? Dental implants let you enjoy them all again!
Enunciating clearly requires all of your teeth. With dental implants, you’ll have the confidence to speak up again!
Missing teeth allow the underlying bone to deteriorate, which often causes a “sunk in” look and wrinkles to your face. Dental implants retain your youthful appearance.
Dental implants are one of the longest-lasting dental restorations available. Implants don’t decay and with proper care, they can last for decades!
Dental implants are a stand-alone solution that doesn’t require modifying surrounding teeth, as a bridge would.
Why Choose Smiles On The Hudson?
What makes Smiles On The Hudson unique is our team’s emphasis on patient comfort and our commitment to using the latest in dental technology and techniques.
Our dental team includes a highly skilled dental surgeon. We can offer you the convenience of having your entire dental implant procedure done right here in our office. We don’t need to refer you to an outside specialist or bounce you around to other offices. Your treatment can be completed by a team you already know and trust!
We focus on making sure you have comfortable and anxiety-free dentistry by using:
FAQs About Dental Implants
- Who is a good candidate for dental implants?
Almost anyone who has missing teeth is a candidate for dental implants. Dental implants need healthy gum tissue free of periodontal disease. They also require adequate bone material to support the implant. Even if you have experienced significant bone loss in the jaw, a bone graft procedure can often be done to support an implant. Your dentist will be able to tell you after an examination if dental implants are the right treatment for you.
- Are dental implants painful?Implant surgeries can take anywhere from approximately 60 to 90 minutes. Your procedure will be pain-free. Most of our patients have also found the post-surgery discomfort to be minimal and it can be cared for with over-the-counter medication. Often, our patients go back to work and resume their normal activities the day after their procedure. If you experience dental anxiety, we provide sedation therapy that allows you to have your treatment while you are in a state of relaxed consciousness. Our team will be beside you to hold your hand and support you throughout your treatment!
- Do dental implants need any special care?You care for dental implants the same way you care for your natural teeth. Dental implants are not subject to decay, but the gums surrounding your implant need regular care to remain healthy. It will be important to follow a good routine of brushing and flossing and seeing your dentist for scheduled visits.
- Are dental implants expensive?Often, a dental bridge can be used to replace missing teeth, and these do have a lower upfront cost than implants. However, since dental implants are such a long-lasting solution, they don’t require the maintenance or replacement costs dental bridges can acquire over time. In terms of long-range costs and function, dental implants are still the best choice.